Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Vox Day Drops the Ball...Again



In recent weeks, Christian apologist extraordinaire Vox Day has been engaging in an online debate with Luke “The “Common Sense Atheist”...

When Luke dared to bring up the topic of evolution, Vox responded arrogantly...

“I find it amusing, if not unexpected, that you continue to attempt rambling on about evolution. It is, as you have admitted, a tangent, but more precisely, it is an irrelevant tangent which has absolutely nothing to do with the discourse to which you invited me.”

Luke replied...

I come from a different tradition (analytic philosophy) that values clarity, argument, and evidence – not insults.

I agree we should leave the topic of evolution behind. But I’m sure our readers will remember that one of us gave argument and evidence for his views on evolution, and the other did not.


Indeed.

If Vox Day won’t challenge the atheists on evolution, what’s the point of his book? Honestly, his book is called, The Irrational Atheist: Dissecting the Unholy Trinity of Dawkins, Harris, and Hitchens. If Vox Day won’t challenge the Unholy Trinity on the topic of evolution - when those guys make their living advancing evolution - what fills the 320 pages of his book? Does he accuse of Richard Dawkins of peeing sitting down? Snore.

I’m sure glad I didn’t buy his masterpiece.




No comments: