Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thought of the Day



This week, I’ve been following an email battle on Andrew Sullivan’s website in which Christians and atheists go back and forth on why they believe what they believe. Normally, this kind of discussion would be right up my alley, but what strikes me after reading about 15 of these emails, is how uninteresting they are.

The basic atheist argument is: “There’s no proof for the existence in God; it’s irrational.” And the typical Christian response is: “There’s no proof that God does NOT existence. Besides, I have the right to believe whatever I want.” While the words change, the basic argument is repeated over and over again.

I keep waiting for the NEXT email to actually be interesting and informative, but it never happens.

I can only bow my head and ask: We can do better than this, can’t we?? Can’t we??

-Todd

No comments: